It was a crazy first week with some fairly predictable outcomes and some shockers. To make it clear, these are based on my predictions. We’ll quickly run through them both.
- A healthy Aaron Rodgers beats the Bears and the so-so Trubisky.
- Vikings defense tough at home.
- Bills going into MetLife and stealing one with Singletary looking good!
- Chiefs blowing out the Jags on only being a -3.5 favorite. How this wasn’t everyone’s “lock of the week” I’ll never understand.
- Andrew Luck-less Colts covering on a big spread for a Chargers team that barely has a home fan base. Always feels like a neutral field.
- Texans covering but the Saints breaking a 5 year opening game winless draught, however, I was sweating bullets with less than 3 to go, what an ending to that game!
- Finally, “The Raiders” (in my Boomer Raiders voice), wining outright at home. The AB drama left, the fans made that known with “F*** AB” chants throughout the game. Josh Jacobs looked awesome in his debut. Watch out for the Raiders this year.
- The low scoring affair between the Packers and Bears.
- The Dolphins looking like they got caught in a Whalers net. DOA to the stadium.
- Foles breaking his clavicle in his first half of football with the Jags (on a TD pass of course).
- Browns disappointing home opener after all the preseason hype.
- Eagles allowing a TD in the last minute of the game to ruin this bet……thanks….
- Bengals kept the pace with the Seahawks in Seattle.
- Arizona clawing back into that game in the 4th. The first 3 quarters was how I saw that whole game going when writing my prediction. This game also robbed me of a win on the predictions…..grrr….Could’ve been a stellar week at 11-5 if not for the last minute of this and the Eagles game…but that is NFL betting for you.
- Steelers flopping in New England & New England coming out guns blazing after their last few season openers being fairly close games.
- Texans rushing game with Hyde and Johnson combining for 19 carries for 140 yards (7.4 yards per carry).
- The ending to that Texans/Saints game….I haven’t picked my jaw up yet, wow! Fun game!
Week 1 is now in the books, hit your waiver wire to get rid of the scrubs that looked like garbage for your fantasy team. 9-7 (56%) is a pretty good start for week one. 56% is where we want the baseline but always are looking to finish as high above that mark as possible. Look for my NFL Week 2: Thursday Night Football prediction Thursday afternoon/early evening. Check out week 1’s results and the splits on my picks below to see where you might take my advise or not going forward.