For now, here are my thoughts on the Thursday game:
Chargers @ Broncos
Covers.com is a site I use to check lines and trends since they do polls of the users of the site as well as 12 “expert” odds makers and how they feel the game will go with the given lines. They also have a little write up and prediction at the end of every games preview. Also included on this site for every game is individual and team stats, as well as injuries and previous 10 games of each team and previous 10 meetings of the two teams. This site gives you a lot of information to use and it’s all free!
Covers.com says: Broncos 37 – Chargers 27 in the Over
Bleacher Report shows the Odds Shark computer prediction for every game which runs thousands of simulation models to come up with an estimated guess based on facts and factors for the game. Bleacher Report gives you the computers scores and then gives you their predictions against or with the computers outcome, so you’re really getting two predictions.
Odds Shark says: 38.2 – 27.9 Broncos Victory in the Over
Bleacher Report says: San Diego will have to play one of its best games of the year to hang with the Broncos. Rivers has been absolutely great, and Chargers head coach Mike McCoy might have some insight as to how to slow down Manning and Co. But Denver has proven it can cover big numbers. Give the points with the Broncos, and pay attention to the OVER trends below as well.
Listen, I lost out on this game the first time around, I won’t do that again! I took the BRONCOS on the points and the OVER back in early November and lost out because they scored under 56 only totaling 48 points. Out of the Broncos 13 games so far this year, 2 games have scored under the point total, back to back weeks but first being against the Chargers. They were the first real test for Peyton and his Broncos, making the highlight reels feature the other team as well and actually keeping the game within reach for the Chargers. Broncos still covered but barely. This week it’s Denver, in the cold again, but Manning put to rest the accusations that he doesn’t play well in the cold and wouldn’t play well in Denver come crunch time, late in the season and through the playoffs. Broncos are -10 with an over/under of 55.5.
I say stay away from the spread as I think it could go either way but definitely take the OVER 55.5 as the Broncos have this unreal offense and listen, Denver has covered the points or came within 7 of the total by themselves alone in 3 of 7 home games this year, and 4 of 13 overall. In the NFL, that means you are scary good! I want to say, with the Broncos being at home, they will want to end the last regular season home game for its fans on a high scoring note, not to mention the excitement of having their coach John Fox back on the sidelines. He missed his first game after open heart surgery in week 10 when they played the Chargers and makes his first game return against them…coincidence?
Broncos 45 – Chargers 31
- Broncos cover or come within 7 of the points total by themselves in 3 of 7 home games
- Broncos have beaten the Chargers four straight overall
- Chargers are 5-1-1 ATS past seven games at Denver
- Chargers are 5-1-1 ATS in the past seven games as road underdogs
- OVER is 12-2-1 past 15 games when Chargers are road underdogs
- OVER is 10-1-1 past 12 Broncos home games
- OVER is 8-0-1 past nine times Broncos home as double-digit favorites
- Chargers Pass/Overall Defense entering this week are both 28th in the NFL
- Broncos Pass/Overall Defense entering this week are 29th/25th in the NFL
- Chargers Pass/Overall Offense and Points entering this week are 4th/4th/11th in the NFL
- Broncos Pass/Overall Offense and Points entering this week are all 1st in the NFL
- Manning has recorded 11 games with 300+ passing yards this season, tying Tom Brady for the 2nd most in NFL history
- Chargers WR Keenan Allen has 61 catches (a franchise record for a rookie) for 902 yards, 5 TD’s
- The Broncos need to score 75 points in their final 3 games to break the NFL record of 589 total season points set by the Patriots in 2007. They average 39.6 points per game so far this year
The rest of the NFL games (lines only), spreads are for the home team.
Redskins @ Falcons -6.5 O/U 51
49ers @ Buccaneers +5 O/U 41
Seahawks @ Giants +7 O/U 41
Bears @ Browns -1 O/U 45
Texans @ Colts -5.5 O/U 45.5
Bills @ Jaguars +2 O/U 43
Patriots @ Dolphins +2.5 O/U 45.5
Eagles @ Vikings +4.5 O/U 51
Chiefs @ Raiders +4 O/U 41
Jets @ Panthers -11 O/U 40.5
Packers @ Cowboys -7 O/U 48.5
Saints @ Rams +5.5 O/U 47
Cardinals @ Titans +2.5 O/U 41.5
Bengals @ Steelers +3 O/U 40.5
Ravens @ Lions -6 O/U 48
Check back before Sunday for the rest of My NFL week 15 write ups, I will have updated Lines, picks, analysis using all of the up to date injury information.